Dear MSL Teams
We have just been asked by the Trustees to provide feedback about the possibility of having a presential limited edition of RoboCup2021 at Bordeaux. They are requesting a response by November the 30th.
In short, they would like to know if each league is able to organize either a: virtual event; or a hybrid event, with only a small number of local teams and/or organizers (and possibly robots) physically present.
Although desirable, it is no mandatory that every league can participate.
A few goals are pointed out as important, such as:
- The event should allow the community to come together
- Research on difficult topics should be addressed
- They would like to be able to point out champions of each league
- There should be league meetings that allow for discussions of future rules, elections of new TCs, Execs, and OCs, etc.
With this in mind, we would like to gather feedback and ideas from the MSL community (no later than 27th November). To simplify the process, we kindly request your team to answer the following questions (and add other feedback if you wish):
- Is your team considering participating during RoboCup 2021?
- Would a hybrid solution work, where a small part of your team is present during RoboCup 2021 and the other team-members contribute remotely? What is the minimum number of team-members you require to be present for such a solution?
- In case there is no opportunity for an event in France, would it be possible for your team to organize the Technical & Scientific challenge from your own practice field? Especially for the Technical Challenge, it would be very useful to have a Livestream of the field to show the demonstrations. What alternative challenges do you consider?
- Are you willing to participate in remote MSL meetings to discuss future rules, MSL roadmap, and also elect new TCs, Execs, and OCs?
- Does your team have alternative suggestions for an MSL-event during RoboCup 2021?
How to participate in this discussion:
The discussion is going via email and everyone should keep the other emails in the CC list. If your email is not on our list and you want to participate, you can follow the last comments on the shared Google Doc, and ask the Executive Committee members by email to add your email address to the CC list. With the following information:
- Your name
- Your team name
- Your team affiliation and country
- Your position in the team
- Your team leader name
Hoping that you can, and make an effort, to contribute for this discussion in order to allow us to provide a MSL community answer to the Trustees,
Please accept our best regards